The Grand Haven Charter Township Finance Department is responsible for all aspects of the Township’s accounting system. One of the Department’s main objectives is to continue to provide “clean” unqualified audits through proper accounting and reporting of Township operations. The responsibilities of the Department include maintaining the general ledger, processing payroll for Township employees, processing all outgoing payments through the accounts payable system, receipting for all payments through the cash receipting system, preparing and monitoring the approximate $12 million budget, management of the Township’s fixed assets, investment of cash reserves as well as meeting current and new reporting requirements from the Government Accounting Standards Board, the Federal Government, and the State of Michigan.
Director of Accounting
To provide transparency and accountability to our citizens regarding the budget and finances.
The Finance Department collects property tax monies for all local taxing jurisdictions. For 2017, the amount of monies collected for each of the local taxing jurisdictions were as follows:
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools – $6.199 million
- Ottawa Area Intermediate School District – $4.047 million
- Ottawa County – $ 3.571 million
- Grand Haven Charter Township – $3.224 million
- Loutit District Library – $799,000
- Tri-Cities Museum – $167,000
- Four Pointes Council on Aging – $172,000