Administration & Human Resources
The Department is responsible for all personnel matters, benefit coordination, risk management and liability insurance matters.
William D. Cargo
Freedom of Information Act Requests
Michigan’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) provides the public the right to request, to inspect, and/or receive copies of public records, and to subscribe to regular issuances of public records.
We ARE Grand Haven Charter Township
We are a beautiful, thriving community of over 16,000 residents, located in Northwest Ottawa County where our residents and visitors can find miles of pristine beaches, towering sand dunes and breathtaking sunsets along the shores of Lake Michigan. Our clean and safe community values a family-centered atmosphere; we also offer vibrant parks, world-class schools, as well as an appreciation of the arts and healthy lifestyles. Our community is a place where agri-businesses and industry seek to locate, bringing with them more opportunities for growth.
We are an organization that values trust and mutual respect. Our staff members are empowered to make decisions and create positive change. We are committed to continuous improvement through the use of technology and collaboration with our customers, peers, and neighbors. We know our past, and we learn from it so that we can grow together as a community.
Grand Haven Charter Township is accepting applications for the following position:
Department: Fire & Rescue
We are looking for someone who shares our same values and enjoys being part of a team. The part-time firefighter job duties vary greatly from the quiet times of routine maintenance of firefighting equipment and desk work to the excitement of responding to emergency calls. Someone with prior firefighting and paramedic experience, and who believes in going beyond the call of duty, will be a great fit!
A Day in the Life:
- Responds to emergency calls, which can include combating, extinguishing and preventing fires; providing emergency medical care; and performing extrication and rescue.
- Completes investigative and other required written reports of fires, medical emergencies and inspections using sketches, appropriate grammar, symbols and mathematical computations.
- Performs routine maintenance on firefighting equipment and property.
- Communicates with and represents the Fire & Rescue Department to residents, guests, students, and other municipalities.
- Performs clerical tasks, as assigned.
- Receives feedback from co-workers and supervisors and uses it to grow and improve.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma; CPR certification, firefighting training & paramedic license preferred.
- Valid Michigan motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Live south of Grand Haven’s drawbridge and within 7 miles of the Grand Haven Charter Township’s Fire Station.
- Knowledge of modern firefighting and rescue techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure situations and make decisions in emergency situations, while being exposed to extreme temperatures; heavy smoke conditions; chemical, physical, and mechanical hazards; heights and confined spaces.
- Flexibility to fill 12 and 24 hour shifts, at the Township’s Fire Station, when needed.
- Ability to communicate with the public and other employees with tact and discretion.
- Time to dedicate to a minimum of 20 hours of training each year.
- The desire to learn and potentially grow into other roles within the department.
What We Offer:
- A competitive hourly rate of $16.93 – $20.04
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Training and access to a fitness facility to keep your mind and body healthy.
When you become a Grand Haven Charter Township employee, you do more than simply change jobs. You become part of the GHCT family, a group of talented individuals who provide superior customer service to their residents and visitors, love their jobs, embrace change and celebrate the community that is GRAND HAVEN CHARTER TOWNSHIP!
How to Apply:
- View the full job description below.
- Send a resume and completed employment application to ADumbrell@ght.org
- Any questions can be directed to Andrea Dumbrell, Human Resources Supervisor, at 616.604.6309.
- Application deadline: October 16, 2017, or until filled.
Grand Haven Charter Township is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.